We decided it was time to have some fun. And what all guys like the most? Speed. Of course only when it’s safe. So last Saturday we visited the Autobahn Country Club in Joliet. The whole place is amazing, you should really try it. And here is a sneak peak of what you can count on http://tinyurl.com/p8raeba
Digital skills have become not just an advantage but a necessity in every facet of life, from schoolwork to business development to personal life. Microsoft is partnering with Chicago’s Greater Englewood Community Development Corp. (CDC) to help the Englewood community get the necessary skills, tools and support to achieve digital literacy and create new personal and business opportunities.
Alderman Willie B. Cochran of the 20th Ward recently signed an agreement with Microsoft and Greater Englewood CDC to bring technological resources to Englewood Blue, a state-of-the-art technology hub and small-business accelerator managed by Greater Englewood CDC. Through this alliance, Microsoft will deliver four programs for the community:
• Digital literacy training that will offer essential computer skills for citizens to help them start computing with confidence, be more productive at work and at home, and open up new career opportunities. Self-directed and self-paced, courses at the basic, standard and advanced skill level will be available in more than 30 languages. Microsoft’s support includes a “train the trainer” program to help Englewood Blue continue training into the future.
• IT Academy curriculum and certifications that will be delivered in partnership with Chicago Public Schools. This curriculum is more advanced and paves the way to certifications and lesson plans to enable individualized tech education.
• BizSpark training sessions for local entrepreneurs and tech startups, providing free access to software and support to help businesses grow and succeed.
• Microsoft Community Connections, bringing businesses together with local Microsoft partners to provide technology solutions and support so businesses can operate more efficiently and effectively.
Microsoft’s goal is to support workforce development, individual career advancement and personal growth in the Englewood community. Through training and tools in schools, the workplace and daily life, Englewood residents will be able to take their businesses to the next level and pursue their goals and dreams.
Shelley Stern Grach will be joining Alderman Cochran and representatives of the Greater Englewood CDC, Englewood Blue and the local community at a lunch and learn event on September 25th, where the Microsoft team will share more details about the digital and civic alliance and the ways it will benefit members of the greater Englewood Community.
If you’ve been happy with our performance please leave your feedback here. We always appreciate it!
Ok, this section is empty for now, as we moved to this brand new website just a couple weeks ago and it is still a work in progress. But we want you to be sure that working with us is worth a while, so we will be adding references from our customers here to make your decision easier and well grounded. For now you can read more about us at the Microsoft Pinpoint directory listing here:
We are seeking a Tier 2 / 3 Network Technicians to fill two full time positions.
MINIMUM 3 YEARS of documented Windows based PC and networking experience, help desk, hardware and operating system troubleshooting experience is necessary.
2 years of documented hands-on experience with Windows Server hardware and software, firewalls and Internet router implementation, customization and troubleshooting is required.
Data recovery, virus and spyware removal is essential.
Windows network knowledge is a must.
Job duties include:
Become an important part of the Help Desk team, answering phones and representing the company in front of existing and potential customers, phone/e-mail customer service, work on repair tickets generated by our monitoring solution (this includes but is not limited to: servers, firewalls, switches, peripherals, desktops, laptops and mobile devices).
Follow up with customers with updates, recommendations and technical sales. Operations of our CRM and ticketing/documentation system. This role may advance into office\field Project Management and Implementation.
Other ‘MUST HAVE’ requirements:
EAGERNESS TO EXPLORE AND LEARN NEW TECHNOLOGIES ON your own
Proactive Self Starter
Customer Service Guru
The top priority is: the passion for IT and customer service!!!
Email resume in Word or PDF format. No phone calls please
With your resume please include the following (cut and paste from here)
– Full time Salary requirements: